Monday 30 September 2013

Saturday 28th September 2013

So apart from a few nightmare's I got a decent nights sleep last night which I was pretty surprised about, with the hotel been right next to the airport I thought it would be noisy.

Basically this morning consisted of travelling because Gatwick airport is on the outskirts of London so that means you have to take the Gatwick express train to get into Victoria station. This time instead of getting a taxi to get to Westminster which is where the hotel is located we decided to try the underground, this was my very first time on the underground and it was not as confusing as what I thought it was going to be. The underground is definitely the best way to travel in London plus it only cost £8 for a ticket that lasted all day.

We got to the hotel too early this afternoon but they said they would keep our suitcases so that we could go and do things. My choice of thing to do was go to the Imperial War Museum because when we were down in May it was completely closed for renovations, they are still currently doing work on the museum so a number of things weren't there so I will have to go back once they have finished doing the renovations.

After spending a couple of hours in the museum it was time to go back to the hotel to check in, even though we had been in the museum for a little while I still had time to rest before the Paramore concert. I was really grateful for the rest because my leg joints where starting to play up.

So we left the hotel to head off to the Paramore concert at 5.45pm and it was great that we only had to get on one underground train because the Jubilee line took us straight from Westminster to Wemebly, I can't remember how long it took us to get there. We had decided not to be there for exactly 6 o'clock which was the time the doors opened so that meant when arrived we didn't have to stand in a queue.

The concert was excellent and Hayley Williams has the most amazing voice, it was just a shame that it went by so quick :-(  but they did play for nearly 2 hours so you can't complain. The trip back from the arena to the hotel was pretty uneventful and when I got back all I did was take of my makeup and go straight to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment