Monday 15 September 2014

Saturday 13th September 2014

This week didn't really get off to the best of starts because the oesophageal stricture's of course wanted to play havoc once again. On Sunday when I last wrote I was able to drink small sips but the stricture's closed up again completely and then on Thursday it mysteriously opened up. When I woke up on Thursday morning I had to bring up the saliva that didn't go down during the night and I couldn't drink, but by night time I was able to drink and just not the small sips either large sips was going down. These stricture's make absolutely no sense at all, once stricture's are narrowed the only way to get the open again is by dilation, they don't open by themselves. 

So I finally cooked this week. (Cooking and baking are some of my favourite hobbies but it has been a long time since last I did any cooking because it makes me upset as I can't eat the finished thing) It felt really good doing something that I love, despite not being able to eat it. I was orginally going to cook Sichuan-style pork & green bean stir-fry for the family but I could not find any Sichuan pepper where I live. Thankfully I did mange to find another recipe, Black Bean Pork with Noodles that used most of ingredients that I bought for the stir-fry. 




I honestly cannot wait to cook again so much so that I have already decided on what I want to cook next, Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Chicken which is a recipe that I found on pinterest. I really want to start baking again as well but I really need to buy myself a food mixer because I certainly do not have the strength to use a hand held mixer anymore. 



Previous post - Sunday 7th September

                                                                                Next post - Thursday 18th September



You can follow me on:




No comments:

Post a Comment