Tuesday 21 April 2015

Monday 6th April 2015

So it's been a wee while since I last wrote and that is for a couple of reasons. 

If you read my previous post (16th March) you will know that I made the decision to stop taking my dihydrocodeine pain medication. I have to say the withdrawal wasn't actually as bad as I thought it was going to be but that was probably due to the fact that I decided not to go down the cold turkey route. I did originally think about doing the cold turkey route but after reading up about opiate withdrawal I changed my mind because I thought it was a bit too dangerous to do it by myself, so instead I decided to go from 4-5 tablets a day to 2 tablets a day. The main side effects that I had was feeling sick, feeling agitated, shivering and an upset stomach which meant I ended up with a higher ostomy output. The honest truth is the symptoms weren't any worse then a bad Crohn's flare, I don't know if what happened to me was normal because I heard and read so many stories about people being really unwell when they do this. 

Everything went well for the first week and half but I then developed terrible back and shoulder pain as well as pain all round my ribcage. :( I tried my hardest not to put my dihydrocodiene dose back up but in the end I had no other choice because things were becoming more and more difficult. It's not the first time time that I have had inflammation in my chest, I actually think I have had inflammation in every part of my body these past 15 and a 1/2 years but it's jso annoying that it had to rear it's ugly head when I was just starting out with reducing the dose. I really hope this current flare up in my chest doesn't last too long or trigger inflammation off somewhere else because I want to get the dose back down to 2 dihydrocodiene tablets a day as so as possible. 

Previous post - Monday 16th March                                                  
                                                                                         Next post - 


You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment