Friday 10 April 2015

Monday 16th March 2015

Today I made a decision and it is probably one of my more crazy ideas but I think it will make a difference to my life, plus I know I will be happier and happiness equals feeling less depressed. 

Soooooo I have decided to stop taking the dihydrocodeine pain medication (semi-synthetic opioid pain medication). 



I have been taking these pain meds for the past 4-5 years so you can see why this is a crazy idea, especially when I still battle with pain every single day. Why have I decided to stop these pain killers you may ask well the mental and physical side effects of these tablets affect my day to day life and at the beginning of this year I made a promise to myself that I was going to get my life back on track and to do this I need to get rid of my non crohn's medication that have horrible side effects. 

Today is day one of getting rid of these stupid tablets, well there not stupid really because they do help with pain but you know what I mean and so far things are going well. This day is probably going to easiest day out of all of them but at the moment I am determined to do this because I know that despite being in more pain then normal that I my life will be better due to the fact I will no longer have to deal with the horrible side effects. 


Previous post - Saturday 14th March                                                    
                                                                                                   Next post - Monday 6th April


You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment