Monday 13 October 2014

Monday 6th October 2014

Apologies for this diary entry being posted late but I have been struggling with my physical health and I have also had really bad brain fog these last few days so I am really sorry if this post doesn't make sense in places.  

The depression has seemed to have past and I am feeling a bit happier and more positive now. I always find it really difficult at this time of year because a lot bad things have happened to me in October so it always brings back a lot of bad memories plus I also think I have a touch of seasonal affective disorder.

So today was my first session with the occupational therapist and it went really well, she is a really lovely, friendly Irish woman so I felt totally at ease when I was speaking to her. The plan that the community mental health team have at the moment is for the occupational therapist to do 2-3 assessment appointments and then she will go back and speak to the psychologist, they will then decide on which form of treatment I will need but because I am already on anti depressants and beta blockers it will probably be something like cognitive behavioural therapy or counselling.  

As I said the appointment went really well and I think that is probably due to the fact that she understands about anxiety problems and depression, unlike my GI team who do not seem to have a clue. It really helps to speak to somebody who has some knowledge of these types of issues because it makes you feel a lot less stupid, sometimes when you speak to people who have never had any experience with anxiety or depression they make you feel stupid and even in some cases they like to make fun of your problems which is just plain nasty. 



Previous post - Thursday 2nd October                                                                                                                                                                Next post - Wednesday 15th October



You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment