Friday 2 May 2014

Friday 11th April 2014

Today the nightmare finally ended and I got discharged from hospital.

This morning the GI doctor's came round to do to there normal morning ward round and it was positive news, as it had been 36 hours since I had the dilation and I hadn't displayed any signs of surgical emphysema they said that they weren't going to bother with scan and I could start eating and drinking. I had some porridge and water for breakfast and they both went down okay so I was allowed to go home in the afternoon.

It is so nice to be out of there and I can't wait sleep in my own bed tonight. I would be lying though if I said I wasn't anxious about going home especially since they didn't do the scan to find out what was going on in my oesophagus but I feel okay and I am not in that much pain so I am sure everything is fine.


Follow me on:


Surgical emphysema occurs when air gets into tissues under the skin. This usually occurs in the skin covering the chest wall or neck, but can also occur in other parts of the body.


No comments:

Post a Comment