Wednesday 23 April 2014

Thursday 10th April 2014

Today has been an extremely stressful, crappy day and I am so glad that it is finally over.

Despite all the stress I was under I did manage to get some sleep thanks to the lorazepam that they gave. I had to woken up multiple times during that night to get my blood pressure, temperature and oxygen levels checked because they were keeping a very close eye on me.

So when GI doctors came and did their ward round in the morning the consultant felt that there wasn't a oesophageal perforation because I was so well and didn't have any more pain then I normally do. The GI doctor would have been more then happy to let me go home but because he didn't do the dilation and the consultant radiologist did he was going to do what the radiologist had advised.

As the hours went past nobody was coming to take me for the scan. In the late afternoon the nurse in charge asked if I had been for my scan and I said no, she said that she would find out what was going on but the nurse never came back. Finally at roughly 7pm a doctor came to explain why I had not got my scan, apparently somebody in the radiology department took the request for the scan off the computer system and because the request was not on the computer when the GI doctors looked at it they just presumed it had been done.

This was the finally straw for me I couldn't handle anymore so I broke down and cried, I just want this nightmare to end.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment